Saturday, September 23, 2006

And sometimes, there are bad affiliates

Back when I started looking at splogs, I ran into some with banners linking to team-vip.com. I stupidly assumed that they were responsible for the splogs, but looking closer, I determined it's actually an effort by an individual who likes splogging and link stuffing who also happens to be in the team-vip.com affiliate program.

Just making this post because I had an entry about team-vip.com splogs back when I first made this but then I couldn't find evidence of them spamming elsewhere, so I saved it as a draft until I could figure out what that was about. Well, that mystery is solved.

I also feel like mentioning that when this blog is quiet, I've usually found some other spamdexers to play with. I don't think the wowgold sub-set of spammers is more important than any others; I've just found that looking for them helps lead me to other spam. That and I just happen to find them annoying if only for the annoying keyword style comments that contain such randomness as "wowgold." That's usually in there along with "wow gold" but it's still there.

And I'm yammering...