Friday, September 15, 2006

This is where things get really fun

For the record, igewowgold.com is not to be mistaken with ige.com, which does not spam and has been around a while. I once thought they spammed, but then I figured out that the name was just being invoked to bring a sound of legitimacy to something else.

I completely forgot about them until I remembered igewowgold.com's really bizarre "Affiliate Program" and it hit me that igewowgold.com probably ripped it off of ige.com. That seems to be the case; the only difference is a quick find and replace change. In addition, they also throw in things like "IGE® Ltd." when there clearly is no link between them. This is pretty easy to determine since the banner ad on igewowgold.com doesn't even make sense and is in fact ripped off another site, and it's a site that spams.

I'm reporting igewowgold.com for AdSense abuse as well as to ige.com because of the stolen content. I'm not sure what they can do about it, but I think they can do better than I can. :P

I'm not personally taking a stance on buying game objects with real money. Just spam. Spam always sucks.