Monday, September 04, 2006

The wowgold-sale.com network

While analyzing some of the wowgold spam that other sites have received, I noticed a pattern: there are a lot of sites that link to wowgold-sale.com. Other sites often linked to within those sites are power-levels.com and ffxi-sale.com. I could post an entire list of these sites, but since they don't always stay active for very long, it probably won't serve much of a purpose. I've already reported lists to Google, but posting them here would be kind of...well...spammy, I think. Plus, when they post these massive URL links, the above mentioned links are typically in there, sometimes with subdomains tacked on, so they're easy to spot.

If you search for wowgold on Google, wowgold-sale.com is currently the top result. It seems their dirty tricks are working.

Edit: Fixed the Google link. Plus, I feel like noting that wowgold-sale.com has dropped down to the #5 result. sale-wowgold.com is #4, a spam wiki is #3, and a splog is #2.