Monday, September 04, 2006

First "splogs" now..."spikis?"

I've been tracking one group that seems to like to set up blogs on various free blogging sites and they're easy to track down and report because they include links to their various sites with every post. Aw, isn't that nice of them?

Now I'm noticing wikis with particularly fishy links in them. No, I'm not talking about spam in wikis but rather wikis intended to be nothing but spam set up on services such as pbwiki.com, wikispaces.com, jot.com and stikipad.com I'm not going to post the links to the wikis themselves because hopefully they'll be gone soon.

It's just that I'm trying to figure out what the heck a spam wiki is called. A spam blog is a "splog." Is a spam wiki a "spiki?" A "spwiki?" Ug. Anyway, most of these services have systems in place so that the content of individual wikis can be controlled only by people the wiki owner has authorized. Otherwise, well, I'm afraid I might do something crazy and just edit the entry so it points out that the owners are no good spammers. However, that's just the sort of action I don't want to take, so I guess I'll jut be glad I can't and report the information to the wiki hosts.

OK, yes, last post for the night, I promise. Just wanted to get those findings out.

Sorry about turning comments off, but I'm too busy tracking down comments on other sites to pay attention to comments here. I've completely lost my mind, I'm afraid.