Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Reporting Splogs

Wow. wowgold-sale.com has been hitting the free blog systems like nuts and leaving trails. Anyway, in most cases, their usernames of the moment seem to be googlewow, lovewow, nicewow, wowgame, and wownice since their "wowgold" blogs are already shut down. There are also variations such as nicewow001.

Now, I'm by no means saying every user on every blog system going by those names is a spammer. There are just a lot of users like that. I don't do any reporting without checking the content. That's why I'm not sure just how long I plan on doing this.

My real hope is that now that I've got some fairly useful information together, other people can find and report these particular splogs. It would also be good if hosts could recognize these trends as well.